Typically I go into the office once a week, on Wednesdays. This week I went yesterday, and will be going again tomorrow. It's a longer drive, so I'm pretty zonked the day after I go (today...and likely Thursday). Today I'm in survival mode, trying to think ahead to tomorrow, and plan the best I can.
Some Wednesdays, while driving my kids to their grandmother's for daycare, I fall into the trap of fast food breakfast for them. It's easy to grab them a couple of Mickey D's breakfast burritos and yogurt parfaits. Today, while lying in bed I was contemplating giving them some motherly love, with a homemade breakfast, to go.
We already have the makings in the house...tortillas, eggs, turkey sausage and cheese for the burritos. Then, low fat vanilla yogurts and berries for the parfaits. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could make this meal cheaper, healthier and more delicous than take out.
Being away two days this week makes me really miss my kiddos. Making breakfast is just one way to show them love, even though I'm not with them. I am so thankful for my position at Family Life. It affords me the luxury of having them with me 6 days a week, while still doing work I love. God is so good!
"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16 (NKJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment