Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Manna

God has been very good to me this week.  Last week I learned, some things just gotta give.  I skipped Ladies' Bible Study because I was running late coming home from work.  And I completely forgot to make the church bulletins.  And you know what?  Nobody died.  I was able to get some rest, and made it through the week without any major meltdowns.

I'm thankful for...
Emily's new Girl Scout leader.  It was a tough choice, deciding not to lead a troop this year.  We are blessed by the socialization scouts brings, but in the past couple years, it's been very hard, running a troop.  I'm thrilled to have found a new group for her to join.

God moment...
Just last night my husband had the opportunity to teach at our church about the blessing of tithing obedience.  We're so not out of the financial woods yet, but are challenged everyday to keep our wants and needs in check.  And God keeps blessing.  Just today I got the opportunity to audition for an out of market job that would be steady income, using my skill set.  What a gift that would be to get!

Work for home...
It's a challenge, making the most out of what you have.  I'm trying to live below my grocery budget, while also creating delicious, satisfying meals for my family.  The economy doens't make it easier.  However, if the economy ever does rebound, we'll be conditioned to this frugal way!

Work for work...
We are preparing for our bi-annual Sharathon at Family Life.  It's a busy, exciting time.  I also have the joy of working with our Morning Show every week, developing new ideas and strategies for our audience.  It's one of my favorite things!  This past week, when I was feeling so discouraged, one of our morning hosts said the most encouraging thing, just when I needed it.  I love when that happens and am so blessed to be working in a place that is way more than a paycheck.

Craft time...
My card swap group just downsized, from 12+ to seven.  I'm looking forward to making fewer, more intricate cards.  Of course, it would be easier if I didn't have to get them done tomorrow!

Photo of the week...
Anna, Dana, Marissa, Malina & Ashley
Ashley's 10th birthday included dinner out at Quaker Steak and Lube, and the movie Dolphin Tales.  Our server at the restaurant told the girls they could win a bucket of wings for a year, if their photo was chosen as the best.  So we thought and thought, and this was the best we could come up with.  They all posed, as if they were lifting the car that was suspended above our table.  Some of them are pretty convincing!  Hope we have enough Tums.  Those wings are as good as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment