Is this weekend really over? Seriously? I cannot believe how fast it flew! We had some great moments of fellowship, family and food, that's for sure! Time for a new week. And a new start.
I'm thankful for...
Great sermons at church. This week I was really plugged in to what Pastor Curtis was saying. Got idols? Lay 'em down! Get in line with what God has for you and it'll all fall into place! If you'd like to listen to our pastor's message from yesterday morning, click here.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,
and He will lift you up.
James 4:7, 8 & 10
God moment...
The kids' fighting has really been getting to me lately. I truly understand what the phrase "blood boiling" means now. As much as their behavior makes me crazy, I know I can only control my reaction, and that's what God has been working on in me. Several times this week, I was able to difuse their intense arguing with a calm voice, and rational thoughts. I am so thankful God is able to work through me to provide them peace, and not more anger.
Work for home...
Laundry! Ironing! Help! I'm buried under a pile of clothes! I have 4 baskets lined up in the laundry room this morning, ready to be washed. And poor Scott never has much of a choice of what to wear to work, because my ironing is sadly behind.
Work for work...
More writing. More planning. We have a busy fall lined up and now is the time to get the wheels moving!
Craft time...
Yes, STILL working on my card swap cards. Not even sure when the deadline is. The girls and I did manage to get to AC Moore to buy some inspiring new papers. Along the way, we found out Utopia closed. How did I miss that? It's probably best. I would have gone broke at their Going Out of Business Sale!
My favorite photo...(okay, so three of them)
| Ashley's brithday invites. She punched the characters and inked the edges of each one. |
| Each invite is closed with a hidden magnet. |
| You can see how the whole thing works when you see it from the side. |
No comments:
Post a Comment